JellyBOX Assisted Build
JellyBOX is specifically designed to be built by anyone, even people with no experience or history of making, tinkering, engineering, and DIY-ing.
While you can and many do build your JellyBOX on your own schedule in the comfort of your dwelling with our visual documentation filled with images and videos, you can also build your JellyBOX with our experienced instructors.
Please check out https://www.imade3d.com/classes-workshops/#upcoming
‘JellyBOX Assisted Build’ Compared to ‘You Building a JellyBOX at Home’
- Face-to-face interaction and learning with a guru in the room is clearly the most effective way to learn anything.
- Success guaranteed. At the end of the day, everyone leaves with a printing JellyBOX.
- We have all the spare parts ready in case you break anything (hey, that’s a learning moment right there!)
- We’re there to catch you if you fall.
- We answer any question you may have. While this may not sound like much, it’s priceless when you think about it. This is literally the most effective way to learn. Get your specific personal questions answered by an expert in the spur of the moment.
Who is This for?
- Anyone wishing to build their own 3D printer (JellyBOX 🙂 ) in the most effective and fail-proof manner.
- Anyone who prefers to ask a human rather than reading up on the internet.
- Anyone who’s time is expensive, who want maximum efficiency in getting into 3D.
- Anyone who feels intimidated by 3D printers. Your fears shall be conquered!
- Great for couples and groups! Most people do the build in pairs (mothers with sons, fathers with daughters, husbands with wives, friends with friends…)
- True story: we’ve had a husband and wife come to a build as a Valentine’s Day Gift.
What does the Assisted Build Entail?
- You go from nothing to a functional JellyBOX 3D Printer in a single day.
- This is a full-day, intense and beloved experience.
- We start around 9am and finish around 5pm. (Some finish a good bit earlier, but for us the important thing is that everyone has a printing printer at the end of the day!)
- At the end, we guide you to make the JellyBOX print. You get through all the troubleshooting and basic operation before you get home – so when you leave, you are ready to be printing. No more delays, no more blind alleys.
- We offer more in-depth knowledge about 3D printers and 3D printing than you would get yourself building alone at home.
- What are the Upcoming Dates for JellyBOX Assisted Build?
- Check out the Upcoming section in Classes and Workshops.
- How Do I register?
- Check out the Upcoming section in Classes and Workshops and click on the Sign Up/ Register link. (In all honesty, the wording may be either one depending on the class.)
- Special Holiday Deal 2018: $290 for a group of any size (up to 5)!
- $250 base fee for one JellyBOX built by one person + $35 for an additional ‘co-builder’
- Maximum 5 people in a group
- This means that a group of 2 people will pay $285, 3 people $320, 4 people $355, and 5 people $390
- Any prerequisites?
- No. No experience necessary.
- Is a JellyBOX 3D Printer Included in the price?
- No. You have to buy your JellyBOX separately. IF you wish, you can drop us a note and we can bring the JellyBOX to the class for you – so you don’t have to get it ahead of time yourself.
- What’s the difference between a class and a workshop?
- You tell us. Our short, intense, open-ended, and heavily hands-on events definitely blur the lines. We care about you having a good time and learning something while using your hands. That’s it.
- Why are you doing this?
- At the risk of sounding corny, our love for teaching, DIY, open source, making, and quality design and manufacturing drives us.