3D Printing Driver’s License
Getting into 3D printing can be a trying and lengthy process. Learn How to 3D Print in a single day with our patient and knowledgeable instructors.
Please check out https://www.imade3d.com/classes-workshops/#upcoming
Who is This for?
- Any JellyBOX owner, especially a new one, who wishes to learn how to 3D print rapidly and painlessly.
- Anyone curious about 3D printing who wants to ‘give it a spin’.
- Anyone who prefers to ask a human rather than reading up on the internet.
- Ages 12 and above welcome. (Younger is possible with supervision depending on the kid. Contact us for details.)
What does the 3D Printing Driver’s License Entail?
- We start around 9am and finish around 3pm (then there’s some buffer for individual questions and winding down).
- How and where to find 3D models.
- What makes a 3D model good for 3D printing (filter out the garbage!)
- How to prepare 3D models for 3D printing (slicing with Cura slicer and overview of other options)
- How to print from different materials (filaments)
- How to modify 3D models (basics)
- How to create 3D models from scratch (introduction to Tinkercad and overview of other options)
- And more, time-dependent.
- What are the Upcoming Dates for 3D – Drive’s License?
- Check out the Upcoming section in Classes and Workshops.
- How Do I register?
- Check out the Upcoming section in Classes and Workshops and click on the Sign Up/ Register link. (In all honesty, the wording may be either one depending on the class.)
- $150 base fee for person and one printer + $35 for each additional person
- Maximum 5 people in a group
- This means that a group of 2 people will pay $185, 3 people $220, 4 people $255, and 5 people $290
- Do I need to own JellyBOX 3D Printer to participate?
- No! We will lend you a JellyBOX for the class if you don’t have one.
- This class is pretty great as an intro into 3D for those who want to take a 3D printer for a ‘test drive’ first.
- If you have your own JellyBOX, it is essential that you bring it so that you learn with your machine and calibrate your specific hardware.
- Can I bring a different 3D printer to the class?
- The skills we teach do transfer onto almost any FFF/FDM 3D printer. Unfortunately, it would be impossible to teach a class like this if everyone had different hardware. We will lend you a JellyBOX if you don’t have one.
- Any prerequisites?
- No experience necessary, but you should have basic familiarity with computers and ideally bring your own laptop (so you can install and set up the necessary software).
- Also, most people come with their own JellyBOX 3D Printer they had already built. This is a great ‘crash course’ for new JellyBOX operators.
- Is a JellyBOX3D Printer Included in the price?
- No. This class teaches how to 3D print using JellyBOX, there’s no build.
- What’s the difference between a class and a workshop?
- You tell us. Our short, intense, open-ended, and heavily hands-on events definitely blur the lines. We care about you having a good time and learning something while using your hands. That’s it.
- Why are you doing this?
- Just like all educators: fame and money. Also, good karma.
- Is there a funny picture of a cat on the internet?
- We haven’t seen any of those, but here’s a picture of a laughing seal.